10.6.07

BBQ bash


It nearly didn't happen cause not everyone invited was able to make it, BUT, Chris' and Eric's "house warming" bbq was a success.

Yeah, Enrique dropped the rice that he took soo long to prepare. It looked like it was going to be tasty, and I was waiting to taste it. But, he came out to the grill, in need of a drink after dropping ALL of it! It hurt us all, but not as much as it hurt him, which is why everyone made fun of him the rest of the night.

There was sooooo much food. Chicken. Pork. Fajita beef and chicken. Baked beans. Corn. Pasta salad. Veggie burgers. Baked potatoes. And brownies for dessert.

I made the brownies, two batches, one of which was a failure, because it was in a thin pan (what I had to work with) that I neglected to let bake long enough. They just turned out really chewy, pretty raw. Steven actually asked me if they were "special" brownies. Rightly so. They did look really different.

About 20 people showed up all together. After the food, BEER PONG. Yeah, that's right, a group of professionals playing and thoroughly enjoying BEER PONG. It was great. Despite the sauna like atmosphere of the garage, it was great fun. I'm glad Chris was already at his place, so I wasn't worried about him driving. Brian lives across the street, so not TOO worried there. Others had more sober drivers and a few stayed at Chris' place. Since I'm like a mom when it comes to hanging out with those guys...I had to make sure people were safe. They were.

Too bad I had to leave the party early to drive back to Katy. The party was still going pretty strong when I left. There were cards and dominoes when I left.

Today was pretty, blah. Church. Lunch. Nap. Run. Dinner. Movie.
.
p.s. I'm still working on accepting the fact that I can't time travel and NOT cut my hair. I'm actually reallllllly sad about it. Why did I try to be adventurous. I still feel this way despite the compliments I've been getting. It will grow back. I know. It's going to take a YEAR to be nearly as long as it was!!!!!

No comments: