19.6.08

Getting Back Into Old Times.

Not a lot of people want to return to the past, but, I believe when it comes to my work out regimen, that is exactly where I want to be. On Tuesday, I got back to the 3 mile mark. Just a small accomplishment. My max before was just about 4 miles, but this time, I'm aiming much higher.

I'm talking half marathon....potentially full marathon, if not just triathlon. For this year though, my goal is just to run a 5k in a decent time, preferably under half hour. I knew I was capable of that a few years ago, I just never entered races back then.

Alas, I'm far from those goals, but...I'm feeling more and more capable. I've also gotten back into a better work out routine. Today will be my third day this week! Last week was 4 days! I hope to make it in on Saturday as well, making it 4 days this week. In my condition, I should be aiming for 5 days, but, 4 is better than 2.

I had been struggling with consistency up until last week, which was the first week with the trainer again. The only reason I really wanted to work out with him again was so I would actually GO, and thus would get me back into the routine.
The only thing different about my work outs and health all around, compared to a few years ago, is that I'm very much more aware of what I'm eating. I still eat junk and drink beer from time to time, but the quantity has gone down. Not to mention, the good things I put in outweigh the bad at this point. Make sure you get your protein. YOUR MUSCLES NEED PROTEIN, WHICH HELPS YOUR METABOLISM. MUSCLE HELPS BURN CALORIES MORE THAN FAT, which is why being lean is so much more important than just looking good. PROTEIN is also harder to digest which is what burns a lot of calories! That pretty much always been my goal. Of course, being lean and looking good almost go hand in hand.
I'm much more aware of what nutrients I put into my body. Did you know that darker beers, though higher in calories, have antioxidants. Which is why, if I don't have a light/low calorie beer when I go out, I'll have one dark one! (I'm not saying drinking is healthy, I'm just saying, you don't have to cut stuff out just cause you're "healthy". Be conscious!)

No comments: